Message #3722

From: scarecrowfish@gmail.com
Subject: Re: 3^4 methods and speed optimisation
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 17:08:13 +0000

And another thing I was thinking; do we have a program which could potentially generate algorithms for the 3^4, because part of me is thinking that we should really build a full OLC (orient last cell) alg set, or at least 3-look OLC. I feel like that would be a lot more efficient, but I’m sure it would be monstrously large. Do you think it would be possible? I guess that recognition would be the only problem, as you could just have macros rather than remembering the algs if that counts, unless it doesn’t count.

And would computer generated algs for cases break the boundary between human and computer solves? Would macros have to banned in that case? Because surely the more cases there are macros for the easier it is to solve, until it’s not difficult at all. Is that good or bad?

I’m aware I have thoroughly abused the question mark, so I’ll stop here. :)

~Luna