Message #3676

From: jelle.aalberts@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Introduction of the 307th solver
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 07:08:06 +0000

I am definitely willing to try and blindsolve the 3^4 and film myself doing it, although as of now I am unsure about how to do it.

The most common blindsolving method is to place every piece individually, by swapping some piece (the target) with the piece to be solved (the buffer). Think of it like a "scrambled" deck of cards, for example card 1, 2, 3 and 4. Say they are in the configuration 2314. The buffer will be the card in the 1st position (card 2 in this configuration). You could solve this by swapping 2 and 3, solving card 2, followed by swapping card 3 and 1, solving card 3 and 1 simultaneously. The memo in this case will be 2,3. Position 2 and 3 are the targets.

So the goal is to find algorithms that accomplish this kind of thing on the 3^4: swap 2 pieces while leaving as much as possible unaffected. I have tried modifying the 3d algorithms slightly to do this, without much success. Does anyone know something about this?
-Jelle