Message #3630

From: liamjwright@btinternet.com
Subject: Re: Physical 4D puzzle achieved
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 16:38:51 +0000

Congratulations!

If there’s anything I’ve learned exploring different puzzles, it’s that a different perspective can totally change the difficulty of a puzzle. It would definitely be interesting to see if this version of a 2^4 makes it any easier or harder to solve/understand it.

When you split the cube down the middle, whether it produces a legal permutation of the cube or not, I think it definitely has the potential to create a slightly odd new puzzle. The way the magnets limit rotation after the split could perhaps act in the same way that a bandage does on a regular 3D puzzle?

-Liam