Message #3591

From: Eduard Baumann <ed.baumann@bluewin.ch>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: MagicTile Solving
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 12:32:01 +0100

Hi Michael,

You are right. I did make a mistake by inadvertance. Thanks for correcting the error.

I will certainly try once your recomandation "hyp {8,3} 6-Color F0:2:0". But later. I’m not comfortable with the few color puzzles (3-cyle macros not constructible).

I have also a recommandation: the puzzle "eucl torus 3-6 14 color e100". You have 50% chance to not run in a parity problem. I did encounter the parity problem and it was very tricky to find a final cornerface (cf) double swap. It was necessary to see that there are 3 separated cf orbits. Then I was forced to make two setups allong the whole length of two orbits to get a special double swap (name it A). Then I did use other 2 orbits to get a special double swap B. A and B together gave me the wanted double swap.

Michael: Did you encounter this parity problem? Did you avoid it by conting in advance?

I have direct e-mail contact with Nan, Roice and Melinda p.ex. Is it also possible for you? If yes, please send me an e-mail to ed.baumann(at)bluewin.ch.

Best regards
Ed