Message #3513

From: Thomas Lehéricy <thomas.lehericy78@orange.fr>
Subject: re: A Brief Introduction
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 10:04:58 +0200

Congratulations Kun! 1000 twists is definitely a nice performance, especially on the first try.

It looks like 4D LBL really is the most intuitive way to handle the puzzle. The beginning of the solve is nice, but the last layer is always tedious and/or move-consuming.

Heise solvers are not common here. A question we’ve had for some time is whether it is possible to adapt Heise to 4D. LBL isn’t the most move-efficient method in 3D compared to Heise or even Petrus. Maybe there could be significant gain in movecount, and why not a better way to handle the last hyperface. It’s still an open question yet, no one has ever tried as far as I know.

Anyway, great job with your first solve, and happy hypercubing!

Thomas

Posted by: chengkun.c.k.17@gmail.com