Message #3461

From: llamaonacid@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [MC7D] preliminary move recommendations.
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 11:28:42 -0700

Hello. I just write my preliminary moves either in paper or notepad. I wish there was an universal notation for all the turns and rotations you can make in MC7D.

When I type X-U’ in a commutator in MC5D it means to me that I click on the U in the "X-U" bottom. In MC7D I would have to move the U facet in the "center" or T facet then ctrl + click on the 2c piece right to the 1c piece and then rotate U facet back on its starting position.

For turns I use the same notations as MC4D such as T5R, T11R, etc. Other notations I use look like this: T(r14)5, T(r14)11, etc. This means I click on the 2c piece right to the 1c piece of the T facet then click T5 or T11.

To convert my commutators from MC5D to 3^5 in MC7D I made this sketch:

MC5D
U(+14)
U(-14)
L(+14) L(-14) R(-14) R(+14)
D(-14)
D(+14)

MC7D
U(- +14)
L(- +14) R(- +14)
U(- +14)

Here is an example. In MC5D U(d14)17 it means U(l14)17 in MC7D.

Maybe what I am saying will help you…

-Guderian

—In 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com, <ashtonsantee@…> wrote :

I am working on the 3^5 in MC7D. I find that the display is similar enough to MC4D that I just used to solve 3^4 & 4^4. What I do not see is a feature for preliminary moves like MC4D had. I grew fond of this as I did not have to remember my preliminary moves. With the added dimension and the growing number of stickers I would like to know if I am just not seeing the feature in MC7D, or if someone has a recommendation on how to remember my preliminary moves.

I am still at a loss for a notation for this cube. This could help me write down what I have done in an attempt to use shorthand to undo preliminary moves. Perhaps someone has already come up with a clever solution to this need.