Message #3430

From: daniel.ziem@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Hello. Just finished solving the 3⁴
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 04:19:12 -0700

I don’t use any notation at all. There’s been no need for me to put anything into words so far, but I probably should learn. I wouldn’t have guessed English is not your first language. You are doing fine.

Here’s the burger recipe.

380g chickpeas
1 sweet potato
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 to 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
1 dl oats
1/2 to 1 dl potato starch
cumin
salt
garlic (don’t go light on it)
black pepper
chili powder (optional)

I have substituted the chickpeas (who a lot of people are allergic to) for peas (ugly color good taste) and lentils (little more earthy, but nicer texture). Most ingredients can be skipped. The starch and oats are only for texture and the molasses is for color while the vinegar balances the taste. I also add rosemary or thyme sometimes (depending on my mood).

first poke holes in the sweet potato and bake it. When it feels like mashed potato, mash the chickpeas and sweet potato without the skin. A fork will work, but you can use a blender or mixer. I never have so let me know how it works. Once they are mixed, add everything else. More molasses means sweeter. More potato starch means blander, but more meat like in texture.

Shape them how you like them and fry them in a pan. They burn quicker than meat so don’t turn your back on them. I like them with mustard, mushrooms, onion, jalapeños, sour cream, avocado and lettuce. I don’t recommend cheese. I’d love to hear how they work for you or any improvements, so let me know how you like them.

It’s possible to make a large batch and freeze it for frying when you are ready. Remember it’s beans so don’t keep it in the fridge for long.