Message #3408

From: phamthihoa4444@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: Cube puzzles and math
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 05:09:43 -0700

> I can implement my brute force one for a 3x3x3 as that won’t take too long
What are you talking about? The 3^3 has ~ 4.3 * 10 ^ 19 permutations, and simple brute force would take a very long time. There are algorithms that have been developed for doing that work (Kociemba’s algorithm, for example). Cube Explorer can find God’s algorithm for 3^3 in a few minutes, so there is little hope for 3^4. Even short suboptimal solutions would involve about 10 - 20 phases, I think.

Are you (and members of this group) notified about this message? Sometimes I am not notified about new messages from the group.