Message #3382

From: legomany3448@gmail.com
Subject: Re: A layer-by-layer method! (With video tutorial coming sometime)
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 05:20:33 -0700

I’m not so sure about the 120-cell (right now I can only think of the analogy as 3^3-to-megaminx) but I think you would solve the F2L of the first face, then solve the F2L of each of the surrounding faces, and so on until you only had one layer remaining, when you would use these algorithms (or a slightly modified version of them). It would be interested to try to generalize this method to higher dimensions. As for higher-order cubes within 4D, a sort of reduction https://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/Reduction would be necessary. (Reduction is excellent because it is extremely easy to generalize for large cubes.)