Message #3334

From: mananself@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: Introductions
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 15:27:30 -0700

Liam,

How would you compare the difficulties of 2x2x2 and 3x3x3? I bet you have your own opinions which may or may not coincide with mine.

I would say a 2x2x2 has less pieces. But 2x2x2 contains the hardest type of pieces (corner pieces) on 3x3x3. And those people who don’t understand parity well would find 2x2x2 hard because of the parity situation. I think 2x2x2 is easier than 3x3x3 but not significantly.

2^4 is to 3^4 just as 2^3 is to 3^3. All my comments are still true for the 4D puzzles.

Nan

—In 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com, <melinda@…> wrote :
I can’t say much about the difficulty of the 2^D puzzles but it’s safe to say that each 3^D is really a collection of 3 nearly independent puzzles of which one is a 2^D.

-Melinda