Message #3320

From: alexanderrouse@yahoo.co.uk
Subject: Greetings
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2016 13:13:58 -0700

Hello

My name’s Alex. I’m 42 and I live in England in a small town called Canvey a few miles to the east of London.
I work as a picture framer which involves matching many colours of frame and mounts to pictures to customer taste or my own suggestions.

Art is one of my pleasures of which I’ve done many pictures in mediums from pencil to acrylics and my subjects are mostly landscapes and also I do computer generated art. I also like digital photography and going on long walks snapping shots of landscapes and so get my own source photos for painting or drawing. I’m also interested in a few scientific subjects which range from cosmology to qauntum & M-theory and higher dimensions of space.

Finally I also like puzzle solving and can solve 3D rubik cubes of any size. The largest I done is 10x10x10. I also beat the minxes up to examinx size using the Android app Magic Puzzle Pro. The latest puzzle I beat is the 3x3x3x3 hypercube with Mc4d. I did’nt find this too difficult to beat and it took me about the same time as it did for me to beat the 3x3x3 original 3D cube. I did have to put more work into it though for the same time frame.

I used the LBL method which I find to be aesthetically pleasing and a combination of sequences adapted
from the original cube to 4D plus new sequences found by experimentation. I completed the first 2 layers and then made twists to turn the last face of the third layer all 1 colour. The logic of this was that if the first 2 layers were solved and the last face on the third layer was 1 colour then the rest of the puzzle could be solved by treating the last face like a normal 3D rubiks and this was where my adaptation from 3D rubik sequences came in.

This methodology worked and I have done this a few times so it seems to be proven. I think MC4D is a great program with lots of puzzles I look forward to solving and think it would be good for a 4D geometry class as well as its puzzling value.

Hope to hear soon.
Alex.