Message #3253

From: andreyastrelin@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: Visualizing Hyperobjects
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 10:58:01 -0800

Hello Melinda,
I think that sometimes I’m very close to the visualization of 4D objects and scenes. It may be either in form of orthogonal projections of scenes on 3D space (with details of 4D surface as internal structures of 3D bodies), or (in the case of 4D convex polyhedra) in form of our familiar stereographic projections of the surface (as division of space to set of 3D polyhedra).
But it needs some training. Just now I tried to solve easy problem - what are 3D sections of 24-cell by spaces orthogonal to the longest diagonal segment? When you start from the vertex they are cubes, but when you cross next level of vertices, what you get? I think that I know the answer, but it was more like calculation than a vision.
Andrey