Message #3245

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Visualizing Hyperobjects
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 12:40:35 -0800

You don’t need evidence for what is possible in future AI. Evolution is
endlessly clever. What I think we should not do is assume that something
evolved for one purpose can be easily repurposed to be good at something
else. I don’t doubt that Rucker had some interesting experiences in the
direction of 4D visualization, but I think that labeling it as such is a
stretch and even a disservice. My guess is that a better term for his
experience is "intuition".