Message #3236

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Visualizing Hyperobjects
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 20:15:01 -0800

I don’t find slicing things to be a very helpful way of understanding
them. Projections seem much more useful in that regard. MC4D will give
you that tiny glimpse that you want, but don’t expect much more than
that. Computers have no trouble dealing with any number of dimensions
but I wouldn’t say that they visualize anything either. Sure, we might
and probably should design our successors to be better than ourselves in
as many ways as possible. I’m just saying that I don’t see us ever
developing the ability, even in our transhumanist future.