Message #3048

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] 4.26273802 * 10^226929
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 15:29:30 -0800

Thank you for calculating the permutations, Andrey. That’s the largest
number of positions I recall seeing for any twisty puzzle. It’s so large
that I really don’t know how to get my head around it.

What is the largest puzzle that has been solved? I have lost track. Will
anyone ever solve the 5^7? I don’t know but I’ve learned never to bet
against the determination of twisty puzzle enthusiasts!

I’d also like to note that the 8^4 has recently been solved. His name
is David Cohoe, and he declined to join the group and announce it for
himself, so I want to call out his very impressive accomplishment.
Congratulations David!

-Melinda