Message #2950

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Stuck on MC5D
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 18:38:51 -0600

Hi Jeffrey,

I think you are on the right track (using commutators built from 3C
algorithms). I think the key is that the "do some twist" part will need to
involve more than a single twist. So given a commutator XYX’Y’ where Y is
your 3C sequence and the prime signifies the reverse sequence, I’m betting
you need to focus on what the sequence X should be. Try making X a
sequence of twists that flips 2 colors on the 4C piece. I think you could
do this with a 3 move sequence.

I don’t know which version you are using, but here are a couple posts I
made about my solution using the gravitation3d program.

The macro file mentioned is here, and it has some helper sequences I used
for the X part of my commutators:

I don’t have a macro file to share for Andrey’s MC7D program.

Hope this helps!
Roice