Message #2933

From: mananself@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [MC4D] RE: 120Z solved!!!
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 00:02:53 -0800

Melinda,

I envision the "lights out" puzzles as inspired by the parity of mirror Z puzzles. They don’t have to be exactly homomorphic to the mirror Z puzzles. As long as they are interesting to solve and the operations are intuitive, they can be good puzzles by themselves. It’ll be great if such puzzles that attract people who have never heard of the fourth dimension or don’t know the word "dodecahedron".

Andrey,

I’m spending time to think about the 3C orbits. I have a 120-cell Zome model (http://zometool.com/products/detail/hyperdo) at home. I find it useful. It’s a strict orthographic projection of the 120-cell into 3D, cell first. 3C pieces in each orbit are parallel edges. The color coding of the edges proves useful.

This puzzle really has to do with hardcore 4D geometry. I like it.

Nan