Message #2918

From: Eduard Baumann <ed.baumann@bluewin.ch>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] 120Z solved!!!
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 12:24:15 +0100

Wow!
This is a big one.
Congratulations!
Ed

—– Original Message —–
From: andreyastrelin@yahoo.com
To: 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:22 AM
Subject: [MC4D] 120Z solved!!!

I did it! It took 427287 twists and almost 90 hours by timer. 4C stage went without unexpected troubles (after preparing of large set of macros including 120deg rotation of the single piece).

Probably it's a most difficult puzzle that I met. It required work with structure of the whole 120-cell, and I had to keep it in mind, because it's difficult to draw such object on 2D paper...

This puzzle is unique because of multiple parity problems in the web of orbits of different dimensions. And I still don't know was it a luck that 3C parities were solved by combination of 3 symmetrical clusters of flips, or there is really not much freedom of possible combinations at that stage.

If anybody is going to try this puzzle I can only wish him good luck. And a lot of patience…

Andrey