Message #2899

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] RE: MPUltimate 1.5
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 14:15:27 -0800

Andrey, unfortunately I can’t find the puzzle anywhere, but the
description sounds ugly. So you don’t think that you could solve dotto
if you had to? You solved the other sporadic simple group puzzles, and
we all suspect that you have magic powers.

Nan, I’m not considering puzzles to be hard just because they’re big.
The more I think about it, the more I’m starting to suspect that "hard"
is a fuzzy and subjective concept. "Hard for its size" is another
concept that I thought made sense, but now I want to include some form
of elegance criterion as well, so I think that I’ll just let go of the
concept altogether and just think in terms of favorites instead.

So here is a question for everyone: Of all the puzzles in the world,
which is the one that you are most glad for simply existing? My answer
is fairly clear though I don’t want to influence anyone by naming it up
front.

-Melinda