Message #2864

From: andreyastrelin@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: MPUltimate 1.5
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 11:36:02 -0800

After some play with 5D macros I’ve found that it’s useful to add reflection to the puzzle body group: it will allow usage of two mirrored versions of the same macro, and anyway we don’t see orientation of 4D cells :)
Modified version of puzzles.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b96ce6cbau4txd6/MPUlt_puzzles.txt https://www.dropbox.com/s/b96ce6cbau4txd6/MPUlt_puzzles.txt
I didn’t add reflection to 6D yet - need to understand orientation of that puzzles first.
With macros it was not very difficult to solve the second level of 5D simplex: puzzle with 5C and 4C pieces and the core. 244 twists. 4C pieces have orientation (correct or wrong) on the edge, and sometimes it was difficult to turn them around. At the end I’ve got one 4C piece with 3-cycle of colors - but it was solved by rotation from different sides of its edge in opposite directions (with paired rotations of another 4C).
I afraid that third level (with 3C) will be much more difficult. And I can’t imagine the last level - where all parts from 1C to 5C exist.

Andrey