Message #2839

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] RE: New 4D solver :)
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 11:08:54 -0600

Hi Michael,

I think a 13 move sequence to cycle three 4C pieces would be the shortest
we’ve encountered. I am interested to see it, and I bet others here would
be too!

When trying to solve with a minimum number of moves, it is possible to use
an 8 move sequence to solve 4C pieces. The sequence cycles three 4C pieces
and flips 2 edges, but if you use it in pairs, you can effectively get an 8
move sequence. Here’s a message from our archives discussing that (woah,
from 2004!), and it lists the sequence at the bottom:

Cheers,
Roice