Message #2688

From: David Litwin <dave@litwin.ws>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: About me
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 21:43:25 -0700

Philip writes:
> I have also made the square 2 puzzle before it was patented.

Actually it has not been patented, unless you mean the original Square-1. Back around 1995 I cut the corners of a Square-1 to make a Square-2 (and named it that) but later when I joined TwistyPuzzles I found two others who had also on their own made this puzzle (although far later). So I get some credit for being the first (so far known, the Square-1 came out in 1993 in the US) to build it, but I’m not at all surprised if you also independently created it, there are a few of us.
I’d love to see pictures, and get some back story on how and when you made it.

Dave