Message #2428

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Henry Segerman and the 30-cell puzzle
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 09:56:04 -0500

I wanted to mention I follow Henry on Google+ and his YouTube
channel<http://www.youtube.com/user/henryseg>,
and have found both a great way to keep up with his new designs. His stuff
is just awesome!

Last year, I ordered his 8-cell and 16-cell shapeways models, and they are
lovely. Just a few weeks ago, I told Sarah I wanted this
one<http://www.shapeways.com/model/526580/dodecahedron-chains-1.html>
for
my birthday. It has 3 full rings of dodecahedra from the 120-cell. I
especially like his focus on polytopes in S3, because of all the arcs you
get in the projections to R3, but he has a number of other neat themes in
his work as well.

I was lucky to get to meet Henry at G4G9 and again at G4GX. He has a
homepage at: http://www.segerman.org/

Thanks Nan for posting this to 4D_Cubing :)

Cheers,
Roice