Message #2379

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Escher-style puzzle on Hyperbolic plane
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 11:52:30 -0500

Cool, thanks for passing this along Nan.

Strange coincidence. Shortly after seeing your message, a friend made a G+
post about another hyperbolic plane game called HyperRogue III. Looks like
it has Android support.
http://roguetemple.com/z/hyper.php

I tried out Circull, and it is fun to play! I think it could benefit from
the hyperbolic panning that Don came up with (copied in MT), rather than
the purely geodesic panning. The latter causes material near the center to
move very quickly when you drag near the edge of the disk. That’s just a
minor comment though, and I think the game is really well done.

You asked about whether MT could support twisty puzzles of this style. By
that, do you mean puzzles where the faces are Escher-style images? It
would take coding since the program currently has no concept of sticker
orientations, but it’d certainly be possible with some effort.

seeya,
Roice