Message #2378

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Escher-style puzzle on Hyperbolic plane
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 00:26:26 -0700

On 9/5/2012 12:08 AM, schuma wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Today I discovered an app on iOS, called Circull
>
> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/circull/id392042223?mt=8
>
> For review, see:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm8QwdslC2U
>
> It’s a match-three game. It’s quite easy but I really like the illustration. In the back end there are tessellations including {6,4}, {7,3} etc. Different levels have different tessellations.
>
> Is it possible to make a twisty puzzle of this style? That would be a great plus for MagicTile.

I really like all the little artistic touches like the embossed edges
and the sounds. It seems like an interesting idea to add to MT if it
could easily support it. Or perhaps it would be better as its own puzzle
built to share the MT engine. What I wonder even more is whether
Andrey’s MagicTile633 or its engine could be easily adapted to support
the 3D version of Circull. And people shouldn’t fear it because it’s
only a 3D puzzle after all. OK sure, it’s hyperbolic but it’s still
just 3D. :-)

-Melinda