Message #2366

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: More {3,3,8} pics and new {3,8} MagicTile puzzles
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 23:39:57 -0500

I see where you were coming from now too. You are right, I was focused on
the {3,3,8} edges (the points that look like vertices in the {3,8}s). I
found a {3,8} 8-color painting with no repeat colors around vertices this
past weekend. As you expected, it feels better for finding cells.

Here are pictures with this 8-coloring. I find it interesting how the the
intersection of cells with the sphere-at-infinity relate to lunes.

gravitation3d.com/roice/math/ultrainf/338/38_8C.png
gravitation3d.com/roice/math/ultrainf/338/338_neighbors_8C.png
gravitation3d.com/roice/math/ultrainf/338/338_neighbors_8C_half_plane.png

I did start working on a second {3,3,8} video to cover the other
suggestions this weekend as well. I generated 800 frames, but am having
some numerical stability issues with a couple dozen of them.
Unfortunately, I’ve had some unexpected life changing things come
up and need to table the project for at least a few weeks, but hopefully I
can get it made relatively soon.

To pull in some puzzling, I went ahead and configured new {3,8} MagicTile
puzzles using the two colorings. They are available in the latest download.

gravitation3d.com/magictile/downloads/MagicTile_v2.zip

seeya,
Roice