Message #2363

From: Eduard Baumann <baumann@mcnet.ch>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: Hyperbolic Honeycomb {7,3,3}
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 07:53:37 +0200

Very, very nice !
:-)
Ed

—– Original Message —–
From: Roice Nelson
To: 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 3:23 AM

I found a nice periodic (though irregular) 10-color painting of the {3,8} using MagicTile. (aside: I think I can turn this into a vertex-turning puzzle, so I’ll plan on that :D)

http://gravitation3d.com/roice/math/ultrainf/338/38_10C.png

Here is the {3,3,8} where the cells attached to the outer circle use this coloring. It’s cool to look at it side-by-side with the one above.

http://gravitation3d.com/roice/math/ultrainf/338/338_neighbors_10C.png

The 7C vertices make it easy to distinguish individual cells, and the checkerboard vertices give salient areas to help ground oneself, so I think this coloring would work quite well for the next animation.

Roice