Message #2264

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: Regular abstract polytopes based on {5,3,4} and {4,3,5}
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 15:04:24 -0500

Really nice Nan. It’s instructive to be able to switch between these three
honeycombs. It’s a great applet, which I’ll definitely share with
others as I have the chance!

Of these three, I think I’d most like to see a puzzle based on the {4,3,5}

There’s only one suggestion I have. Some of the thick lines can be covered
by thin lines behind them, so it seems there is a z-ordering problem. In
OpenGL, the depth buffer does all the work for you, but I don’t imagine the
drawing framework you are working with has something like this. It can be
a difficult problem, and you may decide it’s not worth the effort to
address, but I thought I’d mention it.

Best,
Roice