Message #2231

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] "Three strange {8,4} colorings"
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 09:58:53 -0500

Melinda asked if I could add FEV versions for the {8,4} puzzles, so they
are available now<http://www.gravitation3d.com/magictile/downloads/MagicTile_v2.zip>
.

For the other FEV puzzles we’ve discussed, I set the E and V cut diameters
to the tiling edge length, then made the F cuts tangent to the V cuts. On
the {8,4} tilings, you get some tiny pieces with this approach, so I made
the {8,4} FEV puzzles slightly different. The V cut is still equal to the
tile edge length and the F cut is still tangent to it (on this tiling, they
turn out to have the same radius), but I configured the E cut slightly
smaller. It is set to intersect where the F and V cuts are tangent. I
like the result<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/4D_Cubing/photos/album/1694853720/pic/1893562896/view?picmode=large>.
49 stickers per face.

Cheers,
Roice