Message #2223

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] "Three strange {8,4} colorings"
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 10:22:22 -0500

I can’t help in the solution department, but here is some basic info about
the topologies :)

*{8,4} 5-Color*
Faces 5
Edges 8
Vertices 4
Euler Characteristic 1

*{8,4} 9-Color*
Faces 9
Edges 16
Vertices 8
Euler Characteristic 1

*{8,4} 10-Color*
Faces 10
Edges 16
Vertices 8
Euler Characteristic 2

So the first two have the topology of the projective plane
(non-orientable), and the last of the sphere.

Anyone want to figure out counts and kinds (henagons, digons, etc.) of the
particular faces? The 10C should have a nice, planar graph representation.
Roice