Message #2140

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: Edge turning {3,7} IRP solved
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 12:47:33 -0700

Yes, that was it. I also adjusted another pair that was distinct but
very close. Maybe orange and 255,128,0?

You may like to look at the generateVisuallyDistinctColors method I
wrote for MC4D which I’m rather proud of. It finds N colors as different
from each other as possible in the YUV color space and with the
restriction that within each color, at least one component of its RGB
equivalent is greater than a given minimum and one that is less than a
given maximum. One of the best things about using a dynamically
generated list is that those cases that need fewer colors (the common
cases) will have more freedom to choose more contrasting colors than
those which require more.

-Melinda