Message #2022

From: Andras Ecseki <andras_ecseki@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: New here (on understanding higher dimensions)
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 15:48:53 -0800

Since I’m not connected with mathemathics in any way, and my solving methods are based on my visual sense of space, I think I can share my point of view (which is very close to Brandon’s and Roice’s):
I think understanding the 4 or 5d space is not possible. The problem is that the brain can’t understand what the sense-organs can’t sense. The brain only process the information coming from the sense-organs. You have no organs for recepting any information coming from the 4 dimension - no information, no processing. What really happens here: the solvers can understand the 3d projection of higher dimensional objects visualised by the computer programs, and with this fundamental, one can build a raw image of the whole object, which is fairly enough to solve a rubik-type puzzle based on that particular shape. If you understand how the line follows from the point, the square follows from the line, the cube follows from the square, the tesseract follows from the cube (penteract follows from the thesseract etc.), you’ll realize that no matter how many dimensions you face, the problem will be always the same: you must solve a puzzle. Everything you must know to
that, can be applied in one dimension higher and higher and higher. Understanding 4 or 5d space and objects is not required (and not possible as I mentioned). Understanding what you see on the screen is sufficient. With this approach, I was able to solve the MC4d and MC5D.

If you ask Roice why he never
finished the MC6D (there are some pictures of it somewhere on the
yahoogroup page), I bet he will tell you, that the 3d projection just looked too complicated to take in.The story ends here for me: no convenient 3d projection, no solution.
Andrey solved the problem
of the projection of the 6+ dimension "cube" with a very smart and elegant fractal-like structure, but this projection has nothing to do with
the real look of the 6 or 7d ‘cube’. For this reason, I don’t think I could solve them (never tried tho). To do this, I should think more like a mathematician, which I’m not :)

(again: sry for the poor english, I’m hoping it’s understandable)