Message #2014

From: Chris Chiesa <xet001@yahoo.com>
Subject: New here
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 09:17:18 -0800

Hello all,

    I’m new here, and not yet sure I know what-all’s going on…  I tried a very early version of MC4D back around 1999 or so, and enjoyed it (couldn’t solve it, but got to the point where I could at least see my way to reverse four quarter-turns or so, by sight).  I’m a little bothered to find that, whereas it was a Windows .exe back then, nowadays it’s a .jar… but I understand why.  I could also really, really use some documentation.  Macros?  Notation?  Shortcut keys?  Concepts for things other than the plain old Cube?  (I don’t "get" what the other shapes are/do.)  I’ve seen the video for the solution of the 5 (?) dimensional one, but can’t even see what’s going on, let alone follow the action.  Can human beings actually solve a thing like that?!?

   I also have no idea what MagicTile is, but it sounds interesting; can someone give me a link to where I can get it?

   Cheers,

        Chris Chiesa