Message #2012

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: Super Puzzle Sunday!
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 11:04:20 -0600

Hi Nan,

Thank you for your feedback.

Do not worry - I have copies of all the binaries I’ve uploaded in the past.
However, I think it will be better to change the latest code to be able to
load the older files. The persistence needed to change for ET and VT
puzzles, and it was easier to put that loading message in for those instead
of support for loading older files. I had wondered if that might be ok,
but I should have made a stronger effort to be backward compatible from the
start. I will ping you when a fix is available (hopefully this weekend).

Also, I will make middle slicing for spherical puzzles the next item to
implement after the load fix. It should not be very difficult.

On the wiki topic, it will be easy to programmatically generate a wiki
table with the current puzzle list, so I will take a shot at one to see
what you think of it. And I will privately send you a list of the new
names which correspond to the puzzles you’ve already solved. Sorry again
about that. I had to change the naming since previous names like "ET {3,7}"
are now ambiguous.

Take Care,
Roice