Message #1930

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Macros for MagicTile
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 15:13:48 -0600

It’s great to see that Nan decided to beat macros to the punch on the FT
{3,7} puzzle :)

For future solves, I’ve just uploaded the next
MagicTile<http://www.gravitation3d.com/magictile/downloads/MagicTile_v2_Preview.zip>,
which now has macro support - better late then never!

I modeled everything after Andrey’s "single click" macros in Magic Puzzle
Ultimate, so the control keys will be familiar to anyone who has worked
with those.

Ctrl-Alt-Left Click: Start macro definition
Ctrl-m: End macro definition
Alt-Left Click: Apply selected macro
Alt-Right Click: Apply selected macro in reverse

Just like MPUlt, you’ll get the best orientation results if you make your
definition clicks near cell vertices, as those are the snap-to points for
reorienting macros.

There are also the setup move unwind and commutator features, using
function keys.

I haven’t tested a ton, so please let me know if you see any issues (feel
free to email me directly if you find a bug). Also, I always appreciate
any usability feedback, however minor.

Enjoy!
Roice