Message #1854

From: Matthew <damienturtle@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Blindfolded hypersolving
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:30:17 -0000

I’ve been wanting to get back to this for a while, but I was busy with other things, most notably a speedcubing competition just over a week ago which I was practicing for, as well as other time-consuming things like helping to redecorate a bathroom. Since I now have an official 7/7 multiBLD result and 4BLD success, I should be able to do this without too much bother. With my memo method, an average solve (I’ve had a few near misses on 2^4BLD so I have some experience to go on) involves <=30 letters by using a lettering system, which is less than 2 3x3x3s worth. By a rough estimation, a 3^4 is about 6 3x3x3s worth of information, and is perfectly possible to be solved BLD style. I intend to try at some point, after a few dry runs to get used to the solving method (I have both a solving and memorising method prepared for it). Also, I don’t feel that macros are necessary at all for this. In fact, I won’t be using any as I feel it is more natural without them, and that they wouldn’t help much anyway. I might have some time just now actually, if so I will make another attempt on 2^4. One day, hopefully soon, I intend to get a success on video to help validate my result.

Nan, it would be interesting if you had a go at this too, then maybe we can compare techniques afterwards and possibly learn from each other.

Matt