Message #1749

From: Nan Ma <mananself@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Second solve of 3^7 !!!
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 18:34:35 -0700

Hi,

I have a question:

Is collaboration possible?

I’m imagining the following way of collaboration. Suppose we have pure
3-cycle algorithms for type-A pieces and also pure 3-cycle algorithms for
type-B pieces. Suppose we have the log file for which only these two types
of pieces need to be solved. Now person-A and person-B get this log file and
work on type-A and type-B pieces respectively. When they are done, we may
identify the new moves in the new log files, and copy/paste them into a
single log file, which solves the puzzle.

I wonder if the format of the log file supports this proposal. Can we copy
and paste some part of log files to create a new legitimate log file?

If several people can work on the same puzzle at the same time in parallel
as a team, we may be able to solve more complicated puzzles.

Nan