Message #1725

From: Matthew <damienturtle@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject: Re: MagicTile v2 Preview update
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 17:42:09 -0000

> What I seriously need at this point is some help with these {5,5} puzzles…
> only 6 colors, but I joke not when I say I don’t even remotely know how to
> start. Every twist touches all 6 faces!
>
> Cheers,
> Roice

I just had another look at them, and realised the first one is even more confusing than I first thought. It’s to do with the colour scheme, pieces with identical colour combinations don’t have to be found between the same pairs of faces. Twist the green face for instance, there is a green/yellow edge between the green and red faces, and a different green/yellow edge (same piece type) between the green and white faces. That’s going to make any solve even more complicated, and it already looks pretty difficult. I’ll want to solve some of these, but I may struggle a lot! Otherwise, the program looks amazing, cheers Roice.

Matt S