Message #1701

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: 16-cell FT solved
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 16:16:09 -0500

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com> wrote:

> BTW, I also created some puzzles based on 48-cell (bitruncated 24-cell) -
> one is cell-turning and two vertex-turning ;) (with different cutting
> levels). And tried some strange thing with tesseract symmetry - 32-cell:
> each its cell contain some 1D edge of the tesseract. All cells are identical
> - they are duals to 3-prism, but I haven’t checked what types of vertices
> this body has.

Very cool - I look forward to seeing those (and the triaprism)! The
rectified 24-cell would be cool too, though I see in wiki it has two
different types of cells (cubes and cuboctahedra). Is that something that
is supported, or is it required that all cells be identical right now? I
could see multiple cell types making things more difficult programming-wise.
I’ve felt it would be nice to support at some point in MagicTile and
have given it some thought, though it will require more.

And Nan, awesome to hear you got the 24-cell solved too!

Roice