Message #1689

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: 16-cell FT solved
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 14:45:19 -0500

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 12:38 AM, schuma <mananself@gmail.com> wrote:

> The second breakthrough is that I realized all 16 cells can be grouped into
> two groups. A sticker belonging to a group-A cell never goes to a group-B
> cell.

That’s a really neat observation, so thanks for sharing! I would have
guessed otherwise, even knowing the 16-cell is the only "duoantiprism". I
just would have thought it to be too symmetrical of an object for this
effect (similar to how the 3^4 is a duoprism, yet is too symmetrical to
disallow pieces from moving from one "duoprism torus" to the other). I
enjoy being surprised by things like this.

Big props on your first solve too :D

seeya,
Roice