Message #1641

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: some stained glass
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 22:03:45 -0500

Yep, it is based on the {3,7} tiling, and has 56 faces. It is also
noteworthy because the picture is of a vertex-turning puzzle rather than a
face-turning one (the centers of the slicing circles coincide with the
vertices). So I suppose this could be considered a hyperbolic analogue to
gelatinbrain’s 2.2.2. It should be a much more pleasant puzzle to solve
than the face-turning {3,7} will be.

Melinda, the texture approach in my recent MagicTile v2 coding has been
working out fantastically, and one great thing about that is I should be
able to map it to an IRP representation at some point without a great deal
of effort :D

seeya,
Roice