Message #1587

From: Eduard <baumann@mcnet.ch>
Subject: Re: MagicTile Hexa 9 colors length 5 solved
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 22:27:56 -0000

Here are my comments

My strategy for the "MagicTile Hexagonal 9 colors length 5" was the following

(1)
For
.C.D
A.B.
collect the edges first with normal twists then with the 3-cycle sequence
S1 = [[A,B2’],[D2’,C]] , B and D second layer, A and C first layer

(2)
Do the face-edges with the 3-cycle sequence S2 = [A,B]^5 where A is layer 1 and B layer 2

(3)
Do the edges as I have indicated in KleinsQuartic Document

(4)
Do the corners as I have indicated in KleinsQuartic Document

(5)
For
.A.B
C.D.
do the face-corners with the 3-cycle sequence
S3 = [ C’DA2 [A,B’] A2’D’C , [A,B’] ]
all second layer turns except D

I feared parity issues but I was lucky.