Message #1543

From: schuma <mananself@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: new hemi-cube and hemi-dodecahedron puzzles
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 07:50:48 -0000

Hi,

I just solved the hemi-dodecahedra with length-4 and length-5. They exhibit an interesting special case that cannot be found in Gigaminx, that is, the wing-edges can be swapped as follows:

colors: |white|green|white|
colors: |green|white|green|

If I remember correctly, this case may appear in 5x5x5, but not in Gigaminx. Of course, the reason for 5x5x5 is not the same as for hemi-dodecahedron-5.

Nan