Message #1528

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: new hemi-cube and hemi-dodecahedron puzzles
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 10:25:33 -0600

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 12:57 AM, Andrey wrote:

> — In 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com, Roice Nelson <roice3@…> wrote:
> >
> > Also, I have fixed the issue Nan found with the even-length hemi-cube
> > puzzles, and uploaded a new version. Thank you again Nan!
> >

> The previous version worked better. New version is the same as 3-layer :(

The previous version was broken and resulted in inconsistent states (the
even puzzles would not have been solvable). Yes, the even hemi-cubes behave
the same as odd puzzles of smaller order, but this is the nature of the
hemi-cube. To do something different, they would need to be bandaged
puzzles like Nan described, but that will require further coding of the
concepts required for those. Internally right now in the code, there are 3
"master" faces and 3 "slave" faces which mimic the masters, rather than 6
faces with configured attachments. Sorry, all I can say for now is that I
added the feature request of bandaged puzzles to my list. If implemented,
I would put the puzzle you are wanting in a different section of the menu.

seeya,
Roice