Message #1491

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: MagicTile Extension in Superliminal/Wiki
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 22:24:01 -0600

Thanks Eduard :)

@schuma
It may sound ludicrous, but I have only solved one of the MT hexagonal
puzzles, and only once. I spent more time creating the KQ checkerboards
than anything else. I must admit to liking creating puzzles much more than
solving them!

My apologies for troubles with the dodecagonal puzzle. If you are able to
describe the symptoms to me offline, I’ll try to get things corrected.

I wish I would have done loading/saving from the beginning, as it is sad to
have lost the solve information. I like to err on the side of trusting, so
still encourage people to record their achievements which don’t have log
files. I think the "honor bound" wording in the wiki suffices. Btw, I
think Nelson Garcia may have the claim to fame of completing the first KQ
solution <http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/4D_Cubing/message/835>.

I warned Andrey of this already, but if anyone makes deep-cut puzzles using
the "slicing circles expansion factor" experimental setting, loading/saving
will not (typically) work correctly. If there is a clamoring to fix this I
will, but otherwise I’m planning to leave it for the next version, where I
want to better support the feature.

@schuma and melinda
I agree on skipping trivial puzzles too. If there was a web page with
everyone who has solved the Rubik’s Cube, what a page it would be!! It’s
hard to know where to draw the line, but I do like the idea of being more
inclusive to start. If the list became too long on some puzzles, we could
always address that later.

Cheers,
Roice