Message #1469

From: Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Twists description
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 20:53:25 -0000

Roice,
Yes, generation method will be part of the log format description. You don’t need to use the same language to implement it. E.g. functions comparing rotation planes may have different code - but they must return the same result.
For the most uniform polytopes we will need only one vertex in the list! For truncated tesseract it will be (1,1,1,0.4142135), for omnitrancated - something like (1,0.73,0.46,0.19) and so on. You need just to apply all "movements" to it and calculate convex hull. Not very easy, but computation of stickers forms is much more difficult.
I don’t like XML much and prefer text format, but it’s easy to work with XML from C# so we may to consider this variant. I’m not sure that XML block as the part of text log file will be good idea. May be we’ll need to keep puzzle description in one file, compiled puzzle structure (with all sticker coordinates) in another and log file will have reference to them.

Andrey