Message #1443

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Social dream
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:53:33 -0600

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com> wrote:

> About angles: I suggest to keep them in the way where angle doesn’t depend
> on the puzzle. So that when you see the rotation angle value in the log
> file, you can find its value in degrees without knowing of the puzzle body.
> For example, compare hyperboxes 4^4 and 3x3x4x4. If we have two axes
> (1,0,0,0) and (0,0,1,0) then 4^4 allows 90-deg twists in this direction, and
> for 3x3x4x4 only 180-deg twists are possible. In my notation 180-deg twists
> for these two puzzles will have the same angle=6 (12/2).

But if I’m reading right, you are suggesting a 180-degree rotation on the
120-cell puzzle would be angle=30 (60/2). So the nature of the puzzle does
seem to affect how the same twist angle is recorded. It feels like it’d be
nicer if the recording of angles did not have this kind of dependency.

seeya,
Roice