Message #1356

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: Other 4D puzzles
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 17:18:16 -0800

Andrey,

That is an ambitious goal and a very noble one. I agree completely that
the log file is the right place to start with any of this. It is the
"document" or "model" in object-oriented design and is therefore at the
core of this whole endeavor. I hope that you make sure to support all
the features of the MC4D implementation so that we’ll be prepared to
switch to your system someday.

One thing that I regret not bringing from v1 to v2 of the MC4D log
format is the state block. That is useful for passing around starting
configurations that do not contain the instructions for how it was
scrambled. I encourage you to make accordance for that and other sorts
of optional data blocks.

Thanks,
-Melinda