Message #1343

From: Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Other 4D puzzles
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 19:49:27 -0000

Matt,
My plan after 5D simplex is some 4D puzzle. It may be 24cell, or hypercube with some different cutting (1C-centered and 4C-centered? don’t know). For the twists I’m going to use free rotation of layer: you select it (face by left-click, 2C/3C/4C if there are such centers - by right click) and then use free rotation in 3D around the fixed center. I also thought about additional stickers - but it’s equivalent to work with some truncated puzzle: additional faces will play the role of stickers for non-face-centered layers.
But before there will be time to write description of log files for the wide class of 4D puzzles. I think that it must include:

All the other things (actual shape of main body, coloring, depths of cuts) are not so important - they are about the puzzle description and if two programs will recognize, say, the same name in the similar way, they will give same interpretation of the rest of log file.

Andrey