Message #1304

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] 8Colors solved
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 13:53:03 -0800

Hey, that is a really clever idea, Roice! I don’t know if I would have
thought of that method but now that you point it out I see that it is
definitely the most natural way to answer that question. One thing you
didn’t mention was your method of choosing your target copy. I think
that you would need to choose a face that appears to twist in the
opposite direction to the starting face of the 4C piece that you then
send on its journey to the copy face. I’m going to guess that puzzles
are always orientable when twists of face copies are all in the same
direction as the clicked face. I’m a little surprised that the inverse
is not always true.

-Melinda